Finals Review

For every example you write down, I will give 500 points to your team. (I will accept up to one example per novel. There are six works of literature, so up to 3,000 points are available for tonight). *** And, a bonus question to follow***

The word is: REPULSED

(Post your answers below)

AND, now for your bonus question. I will give an addition 5000 points for every team member that completes an entire Poem (#5). You can use any novel choice… and the word is: WOUNDED.

Now, that is 8,000 points up for grabs, per family member. Go get ’em.

Go Ahead. Quote Me.

If all the world hated you and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved of you and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends.
Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre pg. 61
English novelist (1816 - 1855)

Writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the mass identity we see in the making all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes of some underculture but mainly to save themselves, to survive as individuals.
Don Delillo
American Novelist (1926)

Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
G.K Chesteron
Literary Critic (1874-1936)

I have always had more dread of a pen, a bottle of ink, and a sheet of paper than of a sword or pistol.
Alexandre Dumas
Author (1802-1870)

There is a light at the end of every tunnel, just pray it's not a locomotive.
Tamil Proverb

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.
Ray Bradbury
American Sci-Fi Novelist (1920-2012)

Written by:

Be First to Comment